Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 8 Read.Write.Dream.

Not much to say today.  Several students went on a trip.  The remaining students practiced for Friday's presentation.  They did a really good job.  Practicing over and over again can be a chore even for adults, but it didn't seem to bother them much. They got better each time, more confident.  Made me remember the first time I stood before a crowd.  I was maybe eight at church for a spelling bee.  Don't remember being scared, but I'm sure I was.  I do remember that I went down on the first word.  It was bottle or bottom, truly it was.  Spelling was never my thing.  Am better now but will never be terrific at it.  I am not that little girl anymore, however.  But here is a bit of who I am.    Someone who rarely quits.  Who works hard, tries hard, and is brave enough to take on challenges that some folks wouldn't think about.    I push past my limits. I don't let scared stop me.   I think outside the box.  I believe in underdogs, speaking to strangers on the street, hugging students during visits, rewriting, rewriting, rewriting, and family.  

I am not perfect, which is why I guess so many of my characters are so wonderfully flawed.  

In two days the workshop will end.    I shall keep blogging I believe.  Thank goodness it won't be everyday. I'm sure you and I both will be happy about that.  But blog I will.  I think I like it.  Not sure what I shall write about.  And know this.  I am a hit and miss kind of girl.  Sorry if you had other notions.  I come and go on facebook and twitter with a flash and a bright light.  Then disappear. I'm sure people say what the heck....or where'd she go?   Trying to do better.  Wish I could just stay put and be steady appearing daily or weekly or something like that.  But know this, with writing and my daughter I am very consistent, steady ever present.  And with this workshop too.  Showing up every day.  Not just because I am being paid to by the way.  But because I promised I would.  And with promises, I am usually, most all of  the time someone who keeps them.  Ain't perfect...just me.  Sharon G. Flake.  Having the time of my life!  By the way thanks.  It's nice to be out here with you folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment